Fluff -- what you hate

Fluff -- what you hate

Postby Esmeralda » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Okay, here it a total fluff question. What is something you hate that everyone else seems to love?

I can think of two (although I am sure there are plenty more).

1. Coffee
2. Wal-Mart
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Re: Fluff -- what you hate

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:39 am

I read this as I'm sipping my coffee making my list to get at Wal-Mart at lunch 8)
Mom to Jacob (20) Ben (18) and Ellie (15)
Nancy

Postby Esmeralda » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:21 pm

LOL, Nancy! I also detest water bottles, so maybe you were sipping out of one of those, too.
Esmeralda

Postby Maelyn » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:43 pm

LOL... I'm not a coffee fan either...
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby cathie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:55 am

I never drink coffee either! :P

I don't like driving places, I'd much rather walk. Other people seem to love taxiing their kids all over the place but I really dislike it. Maybe because I grew up in a city and took buses all over from age 11? I don't like how the car makes my teens dependent on me. /end rant (but you did ask, lol!)

I do like Walmart though! 8)
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Postby Tammy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:10 am

I'm with you on hating Walmart. If you don't detest the place naturally, watch the documentary Walmart: The High Cost of Low Prices. It will get you there.

For me it's pumpkin spice everything this time of year. I don't hate pumpkin. (I LOVE Carolyn's pumpkin gingerbread!) I just don't want pumpkin spice in my coffee, muffins, scented candles, etc. I much prefer apple for fall.
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:27 am

Actually - I don't like (I won't say hate) bottled water. I think it is dumb. I'm spoiled because we have good water where we live. But to drink water out of a bottle when you have it for free out of your tap is crazy to me!
Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:28 am

Ack - double post! I hate those :-)
Nancy

Postby Sue » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Coffee and alcohol (including wine) - I just can't help but grimace if I have either!

Most vegetables. The only green food I eat is lettuce. How embarrassing is that? But it's true.

I have to have a really, really, REALLY good reason to go to Wal*Mart. It might happen once every few years! I'm a Target girl.

I'm not a fan of bottled water either, but then again, I'm not a big fan of water either. If it weren't for Diet Coke and Tab, I'd probably be horribly dehydrated. LOL.
Mom to DS24, DS22, DD20, DS19
Sue

Postby Esmeralda » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:40 am

It is no nice to read that I am not the only person who is not a fan of bottled water, coffee, or Wal-Mart! Maybe I am not so strange after all.
Esmeralda

Postby Sue » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:30 am

Esmeralda wrote:It is no nice to read that I am not the only person who is not a fan of bottled water, coffee, or Wal-Mart! Maybe I am not so strange after all.

Maybe that's what really brought us all together in the first place! It wasn't all those crazy kids after all. Ha!
Sue

Postby Sue » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:29 am

Oh hey, non coffee drinkers ... I have something for you to try. My coworkers stop for coffee a LOT and one day one brought me back something to try. It's steamed milk with a shot of caramel. And you know what? It's pretty good. And then I can have a grownup Starbucks cup like everyone else at the meeting. :grin: Recently someone was going out for coffee and asked if I wanted anything and I asked for one of these ... and she gave me a grin and said, "you know, that's what I order for my children" .... yeah, yeah, I know!

And then just this morning at Target (see above post) I saw a bottle of Starbucks caramel syrup with a pump dispenser (it was back with the Christmas stuff if you're looking) and I splurged (it was only $5). I heated up some milk in the microwave just now, put some of the caramel in and have decided it tastes just the same. And feels kind of decadent at the same time.

So there you go. :grin: :D
Sue

Postby Linda » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Walmart haters - I'm going to post a s/o thread elsewhere to share a different perspective
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby Maelyn » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Nancy wrote:Actually - I don't like (I won't say hate) bottled water. I think it is dumb. I'm spoiled because we have good water where we live. But to drink water out of a bottle when you have it for free out of your tap is crazy to me!

You obviously have not tried to drink AZ tap water... :eek:
Without a filter or bottled water... BLECK! and in some areas laced with barely legal limits of arsenic and lead due to all the old mining practices of the early 1900s.
Maelyn

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:24 am

I did say Maelyn that I have great water - so I know I'm spoiled.

Well - I do not like fruit. Never have ... never will. I don't HATE it and *will* eat it. Sometimes. Berries are ok.

But for real, I hate citrus fruit. Pulp....ick
Nancy

Postby Maelyn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:16 pm

I have to admit I'm not a fan of most reality TV shows... Although I do admit to a guilty pleasure of Project Runway and America's Next Top Model. Ok so I'm inconsistent.
Maelyn

Postby Andrea040805 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Onions. Specifically raw. Fastest way to send me to the moon? Put onions in my food. *shiver*...
Mama to Gavin, Trinity & Piper
Andrea040805

Postby Esther » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:21 pm

I don't like coffee either. Drank it a few times in college but never acquired the taste. Even tried one of those fancy mcdonald caramel coffees a few years ago, blech! However I do enjoy hot tea, especially vanilla/caramel flavored black teas.

I don't like rollercoasters. Or clowns. Or circuses or carnivals. Anything with clowns. Hate! LOL

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Postby Esmeralda » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:57 am

Ketchup. I don't like ketchup. I don't want it to touch me. I don't want to touch the bottle. Nothing. I am especially bad at restaurants. When Emma asked me to pass the ketchup, I actually give them permission to reach over my plate and get it themselves!
Esmeralda

Postby Esther » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:26 pm

oh my Lord - ketchup! Me too! I think it's gross, I hate the stickiness and gunk left on the bottle. My kids think I'm so weird that I don't like ketchup. Everytime we eat something that they think requires ketchup (ie. fries, chicken strips, hamburgers, hot dogs) - they try cajoling me into trying it again. But I came by it naturally because neither of my parents liked ketchup either.

I have basically an aversion to sticky textures... although I do like syrup and eat it on waffles and pancakes, I absolutely detest getting any on my skin. Similar to the ketchup aversion, because it is also kind of sticky.

Chiming in on the water thing, usually I just drink water out of our fridge tap (filtered) and like to use re-usable water bottles. But this past weekend we were up in Lubbock TX, which is 8 hours away from here, and not that far from New Mexico. Different climate and geography altogether. Anyway, the water tasted gritty and horrible! Probably close to Arizona water. Even washing my hair, it felt like it was very hard water with a lot of residue. Yuck. No way people can just drink that tap water.

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Next

Return to Alice's Restaurant