Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious...

Sneaky Chef and Deceptively Delicious...

Postby Tammy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Has anyone bought either of these? I have both (although they remarkably similar -- but that's a whole 'nother thread, not to mention a lawsuit, I think).

I have made several of the dishes, and we all have really liked most of them. I think the only thing Alec didn't like was the homemade ranch dressing/dip. I can't say that I was wild about it either.

Pureeing the veggies turned out to be much less complicated than I expected, too. I just use my blender for most of them. I use mini-muffin pans made from silicon and freeze each puree in those before popping out and into freezable containers, so I always have them on hand. This works out to 1/8-cup sizes, perfect for measuring.

The macaroni & cheese recipes in Deceptively Delicious (there are two different ones) were especially good. We also really liked the spinach brownies and the meatballs. I freeze the meatballs, too, to make it easier to make meatball subs or spaghetti before Alec's games when time is short.
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby WorkingMomx3 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:20 am

I've thought about these books, but that's as far as I've gotten. Maybe if I were more into cooking, lol!
Christmas 2012 - Steamboat Springs, CO
Ian (15), Duncan (17) and Colin (24)

Mothers of boys work from son up to son down!
WorkingMomx3

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:46 am

I guess I"m lucky. My kids are good about eating veggies without having to hide them in food!
Mom to Jacob (20) Ben (18) and Ellie (15)
Nancy

Postby Cheryl » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:53 pm

My mother bought me the Seinfeld one which I sold to someone else untouched. Too much work to hide them. Luckily, all 3 of mine just eat them. I use FB's trick from years past: put veggies out 30 minutes before dinner when they are starving. I also stick them in their lunches and at dinner. No problem. Now if only *I* ate as many as they did. :oops:
Cheryl

Return to I'm Not Martha!