Practical Sewing - shirt idea

Practical Sewing - shirt idea

Postby hollymg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:31 am

This is what I'm doing lately. It started as a way to not say goodbye to a favorite Wall-E tshirt of Andy's after the neck got unacceptably stretched out...I cut off the image and sewed it onto a cheap $3 plain sweatshirt, just in time for the arrival of cooler weather!

Now we are having a good time saving other outgrown tshirts. The Beatles one below was one I found on clearance for $2 in a baby size, but when all you need is the image who cares? So for $5 total he has a shirt he has received many compliments on and people think it came from a boutique lol.

hollymg

Postby Cheryl » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:01 am

LOVE the glasses!! I was just thinking about Andy as I vacuumed up the house. I was wondering if he still loves them?
Cheryl

Postby hollymg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:16 am

Cheryl wrote:LOVE the glasses!! I was just thinking about Andy as I vacuumed up the house. I was wondering if he still loves them?

Not as obsessively but yep, still very fond of them! Now he has moved on to robotic cleaning appliances and really does want to "invent" a M-O IRL. (he just told me M-O in the movie stands for "microbe obliterator"). I reminded him about the Roomba, but around here one of those would fill up in 5 minutes with dog hair...
hollymg

Return to I'm Not Martha!