Anyone sewing fall outfits for the children or themselves?

Anyone sewing fall outfits for the children or themselves?

Postby Linda » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 am

My sewing machine has been whirring away lately sewing up fall clothes for the girls.

I've made several dresses for both girls from theFarbenmix Olivia pattern . I've made a couple with hoods and a couple without, a couple short sleeved and a couple long sleeved. They are quick and easy and the girls think they're so comfortable.

I just finished up 3 outfits for Annabelle for her birthday. I used an out of print Simplicity pattern for the jumpers from flannel. I made shirts from Kwiksew 2918 - two short sleeved and one long sleeved. I added leggings from Ottobre 4/2004 for two of them in fabric that matched the shirts and then the third I made bloomers from the flannel. The flannels are so cute - one is blue with squirrels and acorns, one is blue with daisies and the third has a Wizard of Oz print.

Hopefully I can get some photos taken and posted soon.
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby cherir » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:54 am

Oh, please do show pictures soon!! You are my sewing hero!! I just can't believe how much you are able to do with your little one(s)! I'm just amazed. As I've said before, give me a straight seam and I'll whip you up a curtain or something, but clothes - not so much! lol

Cheri

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No one needs a smile as much as a person who fails to give one." Unknown
cherir

Postby Angel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:07 pm

can;t wait to see your clothes linda! i've been itching to get my machine going more, but it seems next to impossible with a 9 week old with all the other things that need done!

i did manage to get him a wool diaper cover sewn, and i made the cutest little wool slipper shoes i need to get some pics of. i guess those count as clothes. :grin: but that was a few weeks ago that i made while holding him in the sling. he's just too big now! lol i have some longies that i need to get finished before it gets too cold here(wool and fleece). i'm going to sew beth and gabriel some fleece pants too. (i'm going to start knitting some longies too)
~Angel, Mama to Gabriel, Bethany, Rowan and Charlotte~
Angel

Postby holliejjj » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:20 pm

I have been so busy I haven't even gotten around to trying to sew more. I started out trying to make Webkinz clothes for the girls lol. With no pattern, they are not pretty lol
Mama to: Jordan, Jenna, Juliane and Jasmine
holliejjj

Return to I'm Not Martha!