Halloween Costume Help

Halloween Costume Help

Postby Cheryl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:32 pm

So, as you may recall, dd #2 is in love with all things Care Bears. Naturally, she wants to be one for Halloween. There are many on ebay. The problem is they are all so hot for Houston. Any ideas of how I can make one? Or buy a long sleeve fleece one and 'change' it? TIA!
Cheryl

Postby holliejjj » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:58 pm

You are making me wish I lived in Houston.. Ohio is so weird, one year it will be freezing on Halloween and the next year it will be 70 degrees lol.

Umm, well say she want to be the yellow care bear. Maybe you could get solid yellow t-shirt and solid yellow shorts and then rig the head covering some how??

I bet Linda might have an idea?
Mama to: Jordan, Jenna, Juliane and Jasmine
holliejjj

Postby Linda » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:09 am

I'm not all that familiar with Care Bears....but iirc, they're coloured with a tummy design, right? Then I would probably pick shorts and a t-shirt in the appropriate colour, use felt to make the tummy section and maybe add bear ears on a headband and use face paint to draw a bear nose and whiskers on her face.

HTH
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby Lizzie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:08 pm

Felt works great!

If for instance you are making a blue Care Bear, get a matching t-shirt/shorts (like Hanes maybe?) Use the coordinating felts, and glitter paint and outline, draw, etc. depending which C,B. it is.. You could use sequins, too.

I made Marissa a ladybug costume and the felt was cheap and easy to cut out.
I glue gunned the black circles of felt on a red turtleneck shirt, and she wore black leggings. I accented it with the paints for extra pizaz, and it also looked more polished where I cut a wee bit uneven, and it worked out well~
Lizzie

Return to I'm Not Martha!