Cucumber Sandwiches....

Cucumber Sandwiches....

Postby wanda » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 am

I've made these little sweethearts many times over the years, but it's been ages and I cannot remember what I used to put in them to make them a little different. Southern girls, what do you do?

I know mine were usually made with crustless white bread, very thinly sliced cucumbers and soft cream cheese......what have I forgotten?
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Re: Cucumber Sandwiches....

Postby Maelyn » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 am

I've had them with sprouts in them that were good... and in the UK I seem to remember some with a salmon (thinly sliced) or something like that.
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby Lesley » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 pm

I've always used a little square loaf of brown bread - the name escapes me at the moment. Usually get it in the deli secion with breads. And I like to use a boursin spread.
Lesley

Postby mobetsy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 pm

A tiny bit of...fresh dill? I think that's what I've had. Very dainty, feathery fresh herb.
mobetsy

Postby wanda » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Dill...that was it! Les, I'm going to use some pumpernickel, but maybe with some little cheese sandwiches....pimento if I get over to Fresh Market. Their pimento cheese is so good!

Knocked out the bulk of the shopping today, although there will be more Thursday morning because the crawfish have to be live. I have so much to do!
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Return to Garden of Eatin'