Christmas Dinner

Christmas Dinner

Postby funnygirl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 pm

So, haven't decided what to cook for Christmas dinner. Most likely will be the 1/2 prime rib roast in the freezer. What sides? I think last year we had twice baked potatoes. What do you suggest?
Sue S.
Mom to Neya and Anthony

funnygirl

Re: Christmas Dinner

Postby Linda » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:26 pm

roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, Brussels sprouts, mashed swedes, horseradish sauce....
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby wanda » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Like I mentioned in the other thread, probably asparagus wrapped in bacon, potatos roasted on butter and cheese, mushrooms, and I also serve horseradish sauce. Thinking of a brussel sprout and kale salad, but not sure yet. Need to get my rear in gear!
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby Tammy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:03 am

We do it right up for Thanksgiving, and we usually do something special for Christmas dinner when it's just immediate family. On Christmas Eve, though, when the whole family is together, we order Chinese takeout so that no one has to cook. It also makes cleanup easier with a busier household. Over the years it's become an odd little tradition of ours.
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby wanda » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:22 am

What did you end up fixing, Sue? We rubbed our roast with herbs and olive oil before roasting, and served with au jus, horseradish sauce, Julie's split potatos that are roasted in butter and asiago cheese, sauteed mushrooms, brussel sprouts roasted with bacon and apple, and a salad with craisins and praline pecans. It was really good!
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Return to Garden of Eatin'