Heba's Yogurt chicken

Heba's Yogurt chicken

Postby Andrea040805 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:06 pm

I think this is it, anyway, Heba, correct me if I'm wrong. I had it listed in my recipe binder as Heba's Yoghurt chicken, this particular printout doesnt have your name. I think maybe it was printed from the second time you posted it, so hopefully I'm right.

Lemon and Yoghurt chicken

Slice and fry a big onion

Add the chicken, (Enough for four people or whatever you want, breast, joints, whatever) and fry a few minutes to seal.

Stir in 3/4 cup chicken stock

Stir in 6 TBSP cream (light/whipping/whatever) 6 TBSP Yoghurt, juice of 1 or 2 lemons, salt and pepper.

Cook uncovered in the oven on Loooooow-it should *just* simmer for about an hour or longer (check that the liquid doesn't evaporate) The chicken should be just a little brown by the end, but it doesn't matter if they're not as long as the meat is tender. A few minutes before serving, if the liquid is still quite watery (It always is when I do it) mix a tablespoon of cornflour (aka cornstarch) w/a tablespoon of water and stir it into the sauce. Return to the oven for a few minutes and allow the sauce to thicken.

Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or bread.
Mama to Gavin, Trinity & Piper
Andrea040805

Postby Heba » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:05 am

Yup, that's the one!

You can also start it off on the stovetop (I do sometimes to control the rate of cooking) but then the chicken doesn't go quite as brown as it's in the oven for less time.
Heba

Re: Heba's Yogurt chicken

Postby Government Cheese » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:56 pm

doing this tonight
Mom of THREE!
Government Cheese
Site Admin

Postby Maelyn » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm

that looks delishious! I need to try it.
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby Tina » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Added to PnM Cookbook 4/23
Lucky Mom to Brett [12/6/93] and Sean [11/1/99]

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Return to Garden of Eatin'