Anyone seen any good movies?

Anyone seen any good movies?

Postby Esmeralda » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:24 am

Eric and I went to see The Martian on Saturday evening. We have not seen a movie at the theater in well over a year, so this was quite the change of pace for us (and very nice, too). We both enjoyed it. I want to see Everest and I saw it is at the Danberry Dollar Saver, so I was thinking about seeing that one by myself on my day off! I have never been to a movie alone, but am willing to look into it.

I did get McFarland USA at the library the other day and watched it one cold Saturday afternoon. Eric and Emma were both in the room but neither wanted to watch it with me. Well, they got sucked in and both liked it. Emma even said "That was pretty good for a sports movie." I highly recommend it as a good family movie that I think everyone would enjoy.
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Re: Anyone seen any good movies?

Postby mobetsy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:08 am

I was going to suggest The Martian also; 5 of us with vastly different tastes saw it together and all really enjoyed it.
mobetsy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:38 am

I see maybe one movie a year - so I'm not sure I'm a good responder to this!

But I will say I listened to The Martian as an audio book and LOVED it. Really wasn't expecting to but it was great and I've heard that while the movie isn't 100% true to the book, it is also really good.
Mom to Jacob (20) Ben (18) and Ellie (15)
Nancy

Postby Maelyn » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:44 pm

I've seen a bunch of "guy" flicks with the boys lately. Mostly superhero related. But I did also see Pitch Perfect 2 and really enjoyed it. I need to add Martian to the list along with Star Wars 7 and the Dr Who Christmas Movie.
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby cathie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:29 am

The Martians was great!

We watched Selma as a family (minus 7 year old ds 2) and everyone really enjoyed it. I love movies where you learn something new.

Red Army is next on my list. I also want to see Wild but dh has no interest in that one.
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Postby Esmeralda » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:06 pm

I got Wild from the library and enjoyed it, Cathie, but it may just be a movie for you!

I am thinking about going to see Everest tomorrow. If no one wants to go with me, I may just go alone (never done that).
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Return to Alice's Restaurant