Roll Call?

Re: Roll Call?

Postby Esmeralda » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Maelyn, Joseph would definitely say to enroll at University of Cincinnati. While he knows nothing about the theater program, he loves the school. It is not in the best neighborhood, so that is a negative, but if they stay on campus, all appears to be well. Let me know if you visit UC, please.
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Postby cathie » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:50 am

It is SO weird. I joined this group for help about potty training when dd was 18 mos. and now we are talking COLLEGES!

It just doesn't feel like that much time has passed... So thankful for this group that helped me become a better mom. I'm sad that it's mostly died out.
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Postby Mel in Indy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:50 am

I'm still here too. Nice to see everyone's updates. Our kiddos are young adults now :eek: Aaron will be 21 in August. He's been working for the laborer's union making pretty good money for a 20 y/o but does not consider that to be his career future. He's undecided too. He did move out last February and is living with his girlfriend. I was pretty upset about this at first but he visits often. Emily will be a junior in HS this fall and her main goal is to get her driver's license. She will be eligible in July but she needs to get her hours of practice in. She got her permit last October and started out full boar but lost interest over the winter. Now with school starting up in 6 weeks she wants to drive herself to school. She's a pretty good teen so far but also has her moments of attitude. Lately she's been professing her desire to attend college at WVU. We will be looking into that.
Mel in Indy, Mom to Aaron 20, Emily 16
Mel in Indy

Postby Maelyn » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Esmeralda wrote:Maelyn, Joseph would definitely say to enroll at University of Cincinnati. While he knows nothing about the theater program, he loves the school. It is not in the best neighborhood, so that is a negative, but if they stay on campus, all appears to be well. Let me know if you visit UC, please.

Definitely. We are looking at fall trips for several colleges and that is one of them. I'd love to meet up if we end up going there. Thanks for the info!
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby Esmeralda » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Maelyn wrote:
Esmeralda wrote:Maelyn, Joseph would definitely say to enroll at University of Cincinnati. While he knows nothing about the theater program, he loves the school. It is not in the best neighborhood, so that is a negative, but if they stay on campus, all appears to be well. Let me know if you visit UC, please.

Definitely. We are looking at fall trips for several colleges and that is one of them. I'd love to meet up if we end up going there. Thanks for the info!

That would be wonderful!
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Postby Esther » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:32 am

Mel, go Mountaineers!! LOL Matt is graduating this fall from WVU. I'm sure it will be weird for him to NOT be in marching band for the first time in 8 years. He can't do it with his student teaching schedule.

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Postby Andrea040805 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Now that I dont have fb I am really missing you all!

Not sure where i left off when I deactivated but we moved in December, 11 days before Christmas. We ended up in the tower district which is sort of the hippie/artsy part of fresno. Its a totally different world here and very urban farm friendly which is what drew us here. My entire backyard is fruit trees, herbs, veggies, rabbits and chickens. The kids and I harvested 30 lbs of tomatoes today and we arent even halfway through our plants yet! It has been a tremendous family effort and so gratifying.

Art is still with the same company and its exhausting. Hes torn between getting a new job and sticking it out ...its so tough to weigh the options. Other than thst he is well...about 165 pounds down from five years ago and continuing to lose. Pretty impressive stuff.

Gavin is 15, just finished his freshman year and is just such a good guy. I joke that he has been unparented because he is so self regulated and motivated. He works for his papa doing odd jobs but reaallly wants a job with one if the local record stores. The boy is obsessed with vinyl! He has really blossomed....its mindblowing to think of how far he has come.

Trinity starts her freshman year in the fall. She is such a seeetheart. Totally into Japanese everything snd is studying the language. It comes to her so naturally. She is very interested in learning as many homemaking skills as possible and has been so fun to teach. Our relationship has come so far...we really have a much better understanding of eachother now thst shes a little older. Im loving it.

Piper is 11 and going into 6th grade. She is very much into cooking snd is taking culinary classes from a chef friend of mine. She LOVES the urban farming project here and is such a huge help to me. Sometimes i find her out there silently examining the plants, bugs and animals. Its her happy place. Shes a spicy one...woeking up to teenage attitude i suspect. Kind of weird for me because she has always been sooooo easy. We will survive though...shes super fun and helpful too so it balances out, lol!

As for me, just keeping busy! This time of year is all about harvesting and canning...keeps me going! I often remind the kids that summer break was originally created so thst children could help their family farms, lol. Wont tell them just yet that they are learning a ton and not exactly taking a break from being educated. ;)

Good to catch up with everyone...hope we can keep this moving.
Mama to Gavin, Trinity & Piper
Andrea040805

Postby Tina » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:53 pm

OMG Andrea - your kids are so grown up!!! Missed you guys!!!
Lucky Mom to Brett [12/6/93] and Sean [11/1/99]

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Postby Andrea040805 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Its entirely crazy how much they've grown! All of our kids, really. It's mind blowing. Also, excuse all my typos...I posted from my phone. LOL
Mama to Gavin, Trinity & Piper
Andrea040805

Postby Mel in Indy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Esther it's almost against my nature to say go Moutaineers being a Pitt alum but hey it's all good. I would really prefer her to go to Purdue. Andrea your kiddos look SO grown up! WOW nice pic
Mel in Indy, Mom to Aaron 20, Emily 16
Mel in Indy

Postby WorkingMomx3 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:48 pm

So funny - I'm a WVU grad, while Colin is a Pitt grad (and we survived) and Duncan is going to look at the University of Cincinnati since that is now where Colin is living/working.Mind-blowing that our kids are all looking at colleges now!

Ian has actually been getting letters and he will only be a sophomore!
Christmas 2012 - Steamboat Springs, CO
Ian (15), Duncan (17) and Colin (24)

Mothers of boys work from son up to son down!
WorkingMomx3

Previous

Return to Alice's Restaurant