Twenty-nine inches! (snow ment LOL)

Twenty-nine inches! (snow ment LOL)

Postby cathie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Who else was affected by the storm? We got lucky, lots of beautiful fluffy snow that is easy to clear (it takes awhile though because there is SO much of it). There was a travel ban yesterday but dh went into work today. Kids are off school yesterday and today -- crossing my fingers they go back tomorrow (!)

I love the big storms. It's so peaceful, everything is cancelled and it's just family time. DH stayed home from a work trip because he figured it would be hard to fly back home. We baked cookies, watched a movie, and had some quality shovelling time together, lol.

Very thankful we are not closer to the coast. Spare a thought/prayer for the folks who are out of power and flooded from this storm, especially on Nantucket.
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Re: Twenty-nine inches! (snow ment LOL)

Postby Tina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:07 am

Living in western NY we didn't get much here either. We've lucked out so far this year. I love getting snowed in too, as long as we don't lose power. No dealing with crazy people on the roads and lots of family time. And call me crazy, but my favorite time to shovel is either very early in the morning when it's still dark, or later at night, So quiet and peaceful. And definitely praying for those along the coast who were hit hard :(
Lucky Mom to Brett [12/6/93] and Sean [11/1/99]

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Postby cathie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 pm

OK, now we've had over 70 inches in the last three weeks. It's crazy. There is just no where to put all the snow! The kids are off school AGAIN tomorrow. That's 6 snow days in the last 3 weeks. I think they will be in school until July.

On the plus side, it's so fun to play in. My 6th grader came in at 3:28pm for lunch. He'd spent all day making a long snow tunnel all the length of our driveway. They also have a snow cave that can fit 4 people! DS 2 can stand in it, so it's about 4 feet tall. DH and I went cross-country skiing in a nearby woods on Sunday afternoon and it was just magical.

Now if I could just get out of my driveway without a five-point turn...
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Postby wanda » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:05 pm

70 inches.........I just cannot even imagine it. This southern girl was also astounded by the snow plow sticks when we took the trip out west year before last.
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby Maelyn » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:39 pm

And meanwhile in AZ...we have record breaking heat and folks are worried it is going to be an awful summer...
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby mobetsy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:00 am

We need to average out the country: So Cal is ridiculously warm too!
mobetsy

Postby Esmeralda » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Tina, my favorite time to shovel is late at night when there are no cars on the road and it is just the moon and me. It is so beautiful and peaceful, and there are no nasty snow blowers ro ruin the silence!
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Return to Alice's Restaurant