Holiday gift ideas

Holiday gift ideas

Postby erin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:32 am

So what is everyone wanting for the holidays? Or what are you planning on getting your kids?

The older boys we are just giving money to. Mainly because we are traveling for Christmas this year and I don't want to travel with gifts. I will have a few things shipped to my sisters for Shane but the big kids get money. That is what they want anyway.

Allen, I got him a new car, he is done with gifts.

I don't want anything.
Mom to Vinny 19 Victor 16 Jacob 16 and Shane 6 Image
erin

Re: Holiday gift ideas

Postby Maelyn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:35 pm

I got my kitchen re-model so I am good for the next 3 years of holidays and birthdays.

Keefe is getting his trip to Spain/Portugal with the boys choir.
Cam is getting a keyboard which will double up for him to take to college with him.
Tevel is up in the air.. I have no idea what he wants and neither does he.

No idea what to get for David at.all. He is always my difficult gift.

I have the under the tree stuff bought already. An outfit, book, and small game for each kid.
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby Linda » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Simon is getting headphones for his computer, book he requested and a shirt plus stocking stuff

Cathleen is getting a bicycle, a sweater dress and a cheap mp3 player (because she can't keep track of them to save her life) plus stocking stuff

Annabelle is getting a doll, a r.c. truck and a tent plus stocking stuff.

DH is getting a book and a stocking

I didn't request anything in particular
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby Esmeralda » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:52 pm

I am getting a new pair of running shoes!

Connor is getting a laptop which he will take to college. Emma is getting a ticket to see a play that she wants to see, and I am clueless about Logan and Joseph. And Eric, too!
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Postby WorkingMomx3 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:14 am

Our family is getting what is becoming our annual trip to Steamboat. Duncan got snowboard boots and a helmet. Ian got a new coat and pants. Colin had to pay for his airline tickets this year, but we will be paying for his lift tickets and rental.

I've been getting a little extra money from some oil & gas royalties from some rights of my grandfather, plus my brother finally closed out my mom's estate. I've actually been letting the kids get more things from the "wants" column rather than the needs. They both actually got spirit wear for their respective teams this year.
Christmas 2012 - Steamboat Springs, CO
Ian (15), Duncan (17) and Colin (24)

Mothers of boys work from son up to son down!
WorkingMomx3

Postby Esther » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:10 pm

kids, mostly clothes and one game a piece or so. Matt requested a bow tie and suspenders and a chromecast media streaming stick. Me, I requested perfume and clothes which I picked out myself. And some simple jewelry from Kohl's. I got a nice present for no reason at all 2 mos ago - a KitchenAid stand mixer. DH, I got him a few CDs, and clothes. He doesn't need anything and doesn't really want anything either. Nothing major, it will be a nice low key kind of deal this year.

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Return to Alice's Restaurant