Ranger's apprentice books

Ranger's apprentice books

Postby cathie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 am

Someone here suggested them for ds (I've forgotten who, sorry) and I wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you! I suggested my parents give them to him for Christmas. It is tough to get him to read and he is just devouring these books. It's the first time he's really gotten into something since the Percy Jackson series.
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Re: Ranger's apprentice books

Postby mobetsy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Could have been me, because they were a huge hit with both my boys and I have suggested them to so many people. I like them too! Glad they have piqued his interest.
mobetsy

Postby Tammy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:10 am

I think I may have suggested them here as well. Alec LOVED them -- still does, actually. He and my dh have lots of private jokes about the characters that I don't understand; it's one of the few series I haven't read along with him. It was so much easier to keep up with his reading when he was younger! Glad your ds likes them. It's wonderful when a particular book or series reels them into reading.
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby cathie » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Thank you ladies and I think Erin may have been involved as well!

Tammy wrote:It's wonderful when a particular book or series reels them into reading.

Tammy, you don't know how true that statement is. I will forever be grateful to Rick Riordan for getting my "reluctant reader" going. DS1 struggled with reading for a long time and only ever read Captain Underpants (again and again and again) until the beginning of 4th grade. Now I'm all for Captain Underpants but the reading level isn't exactly challenging. Then DS read Riordan's Lost Hero and off he went... I am SO thankful every time I see his head in a book because it was so hard earned. And I love to read myself so I'm glad that he does now too 8)
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Return to Alice's Restaurant