What have you done for your son's 16th birthday?

What have you done for your son's 16th birthday?

Postby holliejjj » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:18 am

I have no clue what to do for Jordan's birthday. He has only been at this school for a year, so he doesn't have a ton of people to invite. His birthday is in January which makes it even harder.

We do have a fire pit, so I thought maybe him just having a few guys over, have the fire outside and some music/food?

Any ideas?

I also thought about Dave and Busters?
Mama to: Jordan, Jenna, Juliane and Jasmine
holliejjj

Re: What have you done for your son's 16th birthday?

Postby mobetsy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:24 pm

I don't quite remember! My best guess is movies, pizza, and video games with friends...
mobetsy

Postby Tina » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 am

Our town has a pizza shop next to the movie theater. For Brett's 16th, his friends met him (and us) at the pizza shop for pizza/wings/cupcakes and then the boys walked over to the movie theater. They had a great time, and we didn't have any mess to pick up :D
Lucky Mom to Brett [12/6/93] and Sean [11/1/99]

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Postby cathie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:32 pm

DD just turned 14 and said that "no-one" has birthdays anymore. She just had a few friends over and thought that was fine. They were planning to camp in the back yard overnight but it was too cold and one of the girls had to go swimming the next morning.

What about go-karting with a few friends?
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Postby wanda » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm

I really can't remember. I generally took their lead, and Brian didn't want parties like Courtney did. Many times, we would have cake with one or two of his neighborhood friends and maybe a pizza. Occasionally, he did want some random thing like a pay per view fight and we did things like that with friends of his although it wasn't his birthday.

I would do what you think he'd like, even if it's just dinner out with the family to his favorite restaurant.
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby Esmeralda » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Nothing! We went out for pizza with my family. My nephew and Joseph share a birthday. Matthew is 14 years younger than Joseph, and for his second birthday he wanted pizza and Joseph was good with that.
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Postby WorkingMomx3 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Two of Duncan's buddies are having a joint b-day party for....60+ kids! They are actually renting a hall, hiring a dj, etc. The one boy is from a big Italian family and they ALWAYS go over the top on their parties (First Communion, Confirmation, 8th grade graduation, etc.). This is the oldest boy, so they are pulling out all the stops!

As for Duncan...he turns 16 in February. I don't know what we will do. And I don't remember what we did for Colin.
Christmas 2012 - Steamboat Springs, CO
Ian (15), Duncan (17) and Colin (24)

Mothers of boys work from son up to son down!
WorkingMomx3

Postby cathie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 am

Hollie, what about a weekend away somewhere? Is there somewhere neat he'd like to go? I find trips are the most memorable experience for us as a family. You don't even have to go on his birthday, but give him a travel coupon or something.
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Postby April » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

By the time mine were teens we stopped having big birthday parties in lieu of a trip/outing with friends. They choose two friends: Haley spent the night at a hotel with dinner and salon nails, while Alex took 3 friends to Six Flags on a day trip but didn't spend the night. We will likely do something like that for their 16th as well.

** Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same**

~~The Fray

April, Mom to Alex and Haley, 14
and Jory, 26, big brother extraordinaire

April

Location: Upstate NY, where the wings are red and the hots are white

Postby erin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Dinner out and a new suit.
Mom to Vinny 19 Victor 16 Jacob 16 and Shane 6 Image
erin

Postby JulieB » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Brooks turns 16 later this month. We bought 6 tickets to the Jay Z concert that is on his actual bday. He is inviting 5 friends to go with. We will have them over for dinner/cake before the concert. DH and I are not going to the concert but will drive them to and from.

He had asked to have some friends over to hang out and have pizza before he knew about the concert tickets so I know he would have been happy to just do that too (that is what he did last year)
Brooks~17, Parker~15, Hunter~11, Carter~7 ... boys' ages are correct but picture is 3 years old! They have grown several inches!! :)
JulieB

Return to Alice's Restaurant