Cookbook for Fundraiser?

Cookbook for Fundraiser?

Postby jennc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Has anyone ever helped put together a cookbook for a church or school fundraiser? I am getting ready to tackle this for an upcoming school project and have mailed off for info from two companies, Morris Publishing and CookBook Publishers, inc. If anyone knows of another good company or has any words of advice, let me know! THANKS!
Jenn C, Lucky Mother of two!

Re: Cookbook for Fundraiser?

Postby mobetsy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:58 pm

I have been tangentially involved a few times and I can tell you that it is a ton more work than it appears to be! The improvement on the last one, about two years ago, was that people could input their recipes electronically. That was good, except for the people who don't do that and instead hand you a recipe card so you can enter it for them! One nice touch was having people write a short note about why that recipe is special to them; those are really fun to read. However, they also have to be edited (and that can be a touchy process); in some cases the note was half a page or more, longer than the recipe itself. I think that with the proliferation of ways to get recipes online, it is harder than it once was to sell a cookbook, so work with others to think of good marketing for why someone would want to do so. Ours had great illustrations by a famous children's author, so that was a good hook. I hope you get a few great new recipes out of the process 8)

Return to Alice's Restaurant