Let's pump this place up... fluff... pet peeves (RE): DH)

Let's pump this place up... fluff... pet peeves (RE): DH)

Postby April » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:44 pm

I think we need some new material in this place! Keep the traffic flowing. 8)

Not to really be a *Rag on dh* kind of thread. But, in a lighthearted," wanna just beat him a little, not kill him" kind of way.......What are your biggest pet peeves that your dh does, that drive you NUTS? :roll:

I have two that I want to mention. One is that he shaves in the morning at the sink, before dd and I get to use it. He gets water ALL OVER THE SINK, and no matter how much either I or dd requests it, he does not wipe it up. :evil: I was just wiping it up with a paper towel to avoid an argument. But, I have taken to just ripping off a few sheets and setting it on the top of the wettest area and leaving it there. But dang it irks me!

Also, my next one is with the linen closet. I know I should not complain, because dh does all the laundry. He even changes the sheets each Sunday. He empties any baskets left in our room and puts the clothes away (not mine... he will stack in nicely though. So, why should I complain? Cause he folds like crap! My preschoolers can fold better than he does, LOL. So, my linen closet ends up looking like crap too. All disorderly, with sheets wrinkled and not folded in squares. I know... the OCD in me wants clean, neat squares. But I digress....

I end up re-drying and re-folding sheets every month or so when he is not home. 8)

So, what are your pet peeves about dh??

** Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same**

~~The Fray

April, Mom to Alex and Haley, 14
and Jory, 26, big brother extraordinaire

April

Location: Upstate NY, where the wings are red and the hots are white

Re: Let's pump this place up... fluff... pet peeves (RE): DH)

Postby Linda » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:14 pm

punctuality (or lack there of)....I HATE being late...ontime to me is 15 minutes EARLY (so we have time to find a parking place, sign in, find a seat etc...)....dh will still be deciding what to wear 5 minutes after we're supposed to BE there
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby WorkingMomx3 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:35 am

Yelling at the kids for leaving the lights on, tv on, door open, putting dishes away, etc. when he does the same thing. Of course, my kids are now of the age when they will call him on it. Dad...you forgot to turn the lights off. What does Dad say. "I don't have to because I'm the Dad." Then the next minute he's off on a speech about actions speak louder than words and always setting a good example. His contradictions drive me CRAZY!
Christmas 2012 - Steamboat Springs, CO
Ian (15), Duncan (17) and Colin (24)

Mothers of boys work from son up to son down!
WorkingMomx3

Postby Maelyn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 am

leaving cups full of water all.over.the.house...

and the example thingy... guess what the boys got from him? SIGH. It could be worse tho.
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby Tammy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 am

I'm not sure this is really a pet peeve, but my dh has the worst time making dinner when the various foods finishing cooking at different times! If he's making a casserole-style meal, he's fine. He makes WONDERFUL shrimp scampi, baked beans, and anything on the grill. He also does a great job with breakfast foods, but we are destined to eat the toast first, then the eggs, then the pancakes or waffles, and finally the bacon or sausage. I just don't understand why he can't count backwards, so to speak, to make sure that he starts cooking the item that takes the longest first. What's especially funny is that I see this as a math issue, and he is AMAZING at math. I've actually gotten to a point where I try to look at it as having a five-course meal. We really get to savor each item as it arrives on our plates separately -- oh, and dinner is usually a two-hour event. :grin:
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby Tina » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 am

When he moves stuff. The kids and I are constantly looking for things that we set down. When we ask where he put it we have to hear a speech about leaving "messes" around the house. He is the OCD one in the family :roll:
Lucky Mom to Brett [12/6/93] and Sean [11/1/99]

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Postby Esmeralda » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Putting dishes on top of the dishwasher counter but not in the dishwasher! Can't figure out what is so hard about opening the dishwasher and putting the glass in!

I am sure dh hates my cup of water sitting around the house!
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Postby April » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:04 am

Tina wrote:When he moves stuff. The kids and I are constantly looking for things that we set down. When we ask where he put it we have to hear a speech about leaving "messes" around the house. He is the OCD one in the family :roll:

Tina, This is me! :oops: I am the one who constantly gathers things up and puts them places. My dh cannot stand this! But, I have taken to putting them only in certain places, so at least they know where to find them, LOL My daughter has some baskets by the door, dh's things usually get put on the end table shelf next to where he usually sits. DS doesn't leave much stuff around, thankfully!

Esme, this makes me shake my head too when dishes are not put in the dishwasher. What makes things worse is that the place where my dh tends to congregate dishes is directly in front of my coffee maker. So, I end up having to move them all when I am tired and grump just to make coffee in the morning. Uggh

Tammy, that sure sounds like a pet peeve. I really had to laugh when I read your post, LOL Does he at least entertain you while he makes you wait? Maybe a song and dance? LOL

Amy, I am starting to find glasses of water all over the house too! Ever since we got our fridge last year, they are all taken to big glasses of water with ice set on tables and even floors (for the kids). Drives me insane!

Linda, I used to call my husband the *light police* for this very reason! Men seem to feel a need to police that, not sure why, LOL

Linda, the worst thing in the world is having ti sit and wait, when you know you are already late! uggh. Though, in my case if it be something for dh..li8ke a work related event, he will be ready and waiting for us early.

** Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same**

~~The Fray

April, Mom to Alex and Haley, 14
and Jory, 26, big brother extraordinaire

April

Location: Upstate NY, where the wings are red and the hots are white

Postby Cheryl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 am

His aggressive, crazy driving. When I point out that he just cut someone off that is honking at him now, he ALWAYS has an excuse of why it was the other guy's fault. I frequently tell him if we met in Houston, I NEVER would have married him. I hate driving with him that much. If I drive when we are together, he yells at me for being too slow/friendly (letting others in) cautious. oh well!
Cheryl

Postby wanda » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:15 am

I can relate to the driving issue, Cheryl. Lack of accountability also, Linda.

Aggressive driving, spacing out on life while focusing on his own agenda, rules that do not apply to him, poor manners seem to have happened since the kids left home, not finishing projects he starts and completely ignoring stuff around the house, use and drop philosophy (you should see my garage!), MESSES............gosh, I could go on and on.....
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby Maelyn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 am

wanda wrote:I can relate to the driving issue, Cheryl. Lack of accountability also, Linda.

Aggressive driving, spacing out on life while focusing on his own agenda, rules that do not apply to him, poor manners seem to have happened since the kids left home, not finishing projects he starts and completely ignoring stuff around the house, use and drop philosophy (you should see my garage!), MESSES............gosh, I could go on and on.....

Wanda - any chance of slight depression in him since his medical issues? Those all sound like signs of post medical issue blues to me. JAT
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby wanda » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:26 am

Maelyn wrote:
wanda wrote:I can relate to the driving issue, Cheryl. Lack of accountability also, Linda.

Wanda - any chance of slight depression in him since his medical issues? Those all sound like signs of post medical issue blues to me. JAT

Possibly, but all aren't new issues as many are just increased. He is one anti depressants and we increased the dosage about a year ago. He's pretty much always been one of those tunnel vision type guys and I think I was possibly more willing to put up with things when I was younger. Not so much now.
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby Teena » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Mine is really silly compared to yalls! LOL! I hate it when he doesn't put toliet paper on the holder, I mean its right there, but he just sits it on top of it... :roll:

And the other thing, and I wonder if he or even Ellie just do it to get to me...a piece of paper can be laying in the floor and they will step over it and not put it in the trash. I left a piece on the floor for 4 days and neither of them picked it up.
Teena

Postby funnygirl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:55 pm

leaving coffee cups all around the house in various stages of full to empty. Diet coke cans too.
Sue S.
Mom to Neya and Anthony

funnygirl

Return to Alice's Restaurant