44%
Every month
26%
Other
4%

Total votes : 27

How often do you change your sheets?

Postby cathie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:34 pm

DH and I disagree on how often sheets should be taken off the bed and washed. Wondering what you all do...
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Re: How often do you change your sheets?

Postby JulieB » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:22 pm

The boys sheets get changed ever other week when the cleaning crew comes. Master bedroom sheets get changed weekly. DH changes our bed on the off week that the cleaning people don't come. LOL ... I stink at changing sheets!
Last edited by JulieB on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooks~17, Parker~15, Hunter~11, Carter~7 ... boys' ages are correct but picture is 3 years old! They have grown several inches!! :)
JulieB

Postby Christina » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:34 pm

I try to do it every week...however, it's usually every week and a half, or so. Two weeks is about the longest I can go without changing them.
Christina

Postby carseatmom » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Other... I honestly don't know! I try to do at least once a month, but sometimes I forget when the last time I did them. The kids' usually get done more often, Baylee does her own. I'm really bad at it! **hanging head in shame**

In 2004 42,800 people died, and 2,757,000 people were seriously injured
in car crashes. Don't think it can't happen to you! Always where a seat belt
and correctly use car seats and booster seats for children.
carseatmom

Postby Tina » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:43 am

All beds get stripped and sheets changed weekly - either Saturday or Sunday depending on our schedule.
Lucky Mom to Brett [12/6/93] and Sean [11/1/99]

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Postby Esther » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 am

the boys every 2 weeks. Our bed, once a week generally. Not on a strict schedule b/c it depends on my work schedule, but almost always on a day I have off. Ironically I'm doing a load right now!

Now, my oldest son, now that he's had a year away from home, he definitely does NOT change his sheets regularly. I tried to get him to change his sheets all summer, and he didn't. Not once. Not only that, he in fact just took his pillows from his bed to school....*without changing the pillowcases* Eww and yuck. But he's almost grown up, and while I can advise on some things I certainly can't enforce.

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Postby Linda » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 am

in theory...weekly

in reality...

The MBR usually goes a week-10days between changes

Simon's - not nearly often enough

Cathleen's - I usually strip them once every 3-4 weeks if I haven't seen them come through the wash despite nagging

Annabelle's - it feels like it's daily (washed everytime she bedwets.,..she can go a week or so dry and then wet nightly for weeks, sigh)
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby RhondaS » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 am

Ours, about every other week. The kids are told to change theirs, and neither one do it often enough. But since I'm not sleeping on them, I don't care.
RhondaS

Postby Tina » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:12 am

Reminds me of my nephew. He was sent to college with two new sets of sheets. When my SIL picked him up at the end of the school year, the one set was still in the package. He said he "forgot" about them and he "forgot" to wash his sheets. She was mortified - LOL. Brett's been gone seven weeks now and his have been washed twice. Once because he was getting over a bad cold and I grilled him about germs and re-infecting himself, and the second time because he brought them home over the Columbus Day weekend and I washed them. :roll:

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Postby April » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm

In theory, every week. In reality, ends up being every other week. I do make the kids change their pillow cases and I change mine weekly, though but that can also fall to the wayside.

The worst is Alex's loft bed. He has such a hard time making it that he needs help or gets really frustrated getting it all put on. :? So I tend to wait longer to have him do it.
Last edited by April on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

** Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same**

~~The Fray

April, Mom to Alex and Haley, 14
and Jory, 26, big brother extraordinaire

April

Location: Upstate NY, where the wings are red and the hots are white

Postby Esther » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:15 pm

April two of my 3 boys have those high loft beds (Matt is one, Danny the other). Believe me I would have stripped and washed Matt's sheets myself... oh yeah, I DID, after he left for the semester... :? but they are a pitb to get off. Ryan has an elevated bed with shelves and stuff underneath but it's much easier to change.

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Postby April » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Esther, those elevated beds are so easy to change! Haley has one and the height is perfect for changing quickly. She is done in half the time!

** Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same**

~~The Fray

April, Mom to Alex and Haley, 14
and Jory, 26, big brother extraordinaire

April

Location: Upstate NY, where the wings are red and the hots are white

Postby Tara » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 pm

I change all of ours once every 2 weeks. When I was in college I was on the top bunk and it was a hassle to change the sheets, so I used to make the bed at the beginning of the year and then sleep on top of the comforter with a blanket. I would fold the blanket every day and my bed always looked nice. LOL. Lazy, lazy and um gross!
Tara
Tara

Postby Tammy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:37 am

I voted "once a week," but to be honest, sometimes it's more often. I just love the feel and smell of fresh linens, and I figure since I'm the only one who does laundry anyway, I might as well be happy. In the summer I wash the lightweight down comforters (yes, I wash down in my machine -- never had a problem with it) once a week as well. In the winter I wash the heavy down comforter every other week (it's a monster). We also have a Tempurpedic mattress and a breathable waterproof cover that I do once a month. I'm a bit obsessive about my linens. LOL

Alec, on the other hand... :( I have to make him do it once a week, or he'd leave the same set on forever.
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby cathie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 am

April wrote:The worst is Alex's loft bed. He has such a hard time making it that he needs help or gets really frustrated getting it all put on. :? So I tend to wait longer to have him do it.

This is exactly why the question came up. I've been nagging and riding dd to do her sheets every weekend, but she has a loft bed so it's a PITB. DH started saying "it's no big deal" so I wanted to see what others do. Turns out he's right! We always did our sheets every week, I thought everyone did :oops: Glad to have PnM to ask!

So for those who do it every other week, how do you remember which week it needs to be done? I'm not sure I'm organized enough to figure that one out...

And Jen, no need to hang head in shame, I just realized it had been more than a month since I changed DS2's sheets. He used to wet them so often that I never got in the weekly habit and then when he stopped, I just forgot! Like I said, I'm not very organized lol!
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Postby Tina » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Tammy wrote:I voted "once a week," but to be honest, sometimes it's more often.

This is my SIL...2x each week...which is why she was so mortified when her son went a whole year away at college without washing his sheets once. ROFL.

Tina

Postby Sue » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Tammy wrote:I voted "once a week," but to be honest, sometimes it's more often. I just love the feel and smell of fresh linens

I do ours once a week, but literally each night with fresh sheets I comment that if I am ever rich I will gladly pay someone to put clean sheets (high quality clean sheets at that) on my bed every single day!

My kids do them whenever. DS#2 lives in an open-ended canvas tent all summer (he is a camp counselor) and many years ago I told him to just throw all his bedding away at the end of the summer. It gets pretty gross. So I buy him cheap pillows and sheets to take with him and don't worry that I will never see them again!
Mom to DS24, DS22, DD20, DS19
Sue

Postby Tammy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 am

Just had to add that if I wasn't the mom to an only child (and a boy to boot), I might not be so keen on doing the extra laundry.
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby wanda » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:16 am

I'm one of the two weekers. Someone wondered how you remember....for me, it's more how the sheets smell and feel. Sometimes, I will change them more frequently, others less. Two weeks was just an average of sorts.

In Panama, the maid changed sheets weekly and that really would be my preference if I didn't have to make the darn bed myself. These thicker mattresses are so darn heavy. I honestly do not think my mom could have put the bottom sheet on my mattress!!
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby Andrea040805 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Twice a week, sometimes more for our bed, kids are typically once a week, sometimes more. Blankets are once a week..sometimes we go 2 weeks.

Arts skin kind of forces us to change very regularly and the kids are just gross. :P
Mama to Gavin, Trinity & Piper
Andrea040805

Return to Alice's Restaurant