Date night with DH

Date night with DH

Postby Maelyn » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:06 am

So you have a free couple of hours without kids... what do you and your DH do?

I'm off work today and the boys are off at school and camp so we have a free 6 hours. We are planning on going out to see a movie that does not involve animation for a change and DH suggested lunch or breakfast out.
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Re: Date night with DH

Postby wanda » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 am

6 hours would be a little hard to fill now-a-days. Sad, but true. Yesterday, we went out for a late lunch and roamed around some shops.
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby Esther » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:53 am

Amy that sounds like a great plan. DH & I had some extra free time during some of the evenings this week, with the younger two at band camp, and the oldest son in virtual hibernation. We watched a couple of movies (Pride & Prejudice, Season of the Witch, and Insidious). It was fun pretending at having an empty nest but I have to admit, I'm glad the younger two are coming home tonight. (I may not remember that by Sunday however!)

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Postby mobetsy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:57 am

Stephen's gone for the month and Andrew will be away next week, so I've been pondering this very thing. We have a gift certificate for a really nice restaurant and plan to use that one evening. Is there some place you would never take the kids because of the menu or prices that would be fun for you? When we have the opportunity, we have a lot of fun at a place like Home Depot together; it's not romantic, but it fuels our dreams, even if nothing ever gets done beyond that. My co-worker recommended Crazy Stupid Love (?), so I think we'll go see that. We have a membership at a nearby fabulous botanic garden & museum, but it's probably too hot for you to want to be outside for something like that; any cool museum exhibit you might want to see locally?
mobetsy

Postby Heba » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:35 pm

Oh, that almost never happens here! We occasionally go to a quiz night but that's about it.
Have fun!
Heba

Postby Lizzie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:13 am

I hope you had a nice time! Hmmm 6 hours!
Tom and I usually go to a matinee movie and then to the local ice cream shop or w just take a stroll on the beach and then hit the ice cream shop! At night we go for a two for special at the local Applebees and then watch a movie ;)
Lizzie

Postby SherrieM. » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 am

That's pretty much what we would do, too. If it were cooler, we'd probably haul the bikes out and do one of the trails. That's so much easier to do when we don't have to pace for Caroline.
SherrieM.

Postby Maelyn » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:33 am

Sherrie - if it were cooler DH and I would probably have gone for a nice long walk after lunch but at 108 it's just too HOT
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby Esmeralda » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Well, Eric and I are on the same schedule kidwise, so every other weekend we are both free. This past Friday we went to a free concert downtown and then strolled along the levee. We sat on a park bench and just talked. It was very nice. We ended the evening by going to Meijers because I needed some things!
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Postby Big Bean Burrito » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 pm

It's very rare for us to have more then a couple hours together. But, when we do it usually involves dinner. If we have a longer time we try and take in a movie. I'm not sure what we'd do if we had an entire day! It would probably involve yard work or something not fun LOL BTW I really enjoyed Crazy Stupid Love. Saw it with dd last weekend :) I do think Dh would enjoy it too.
Big Bean Burrito

Postby cathie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:13 am

If I had 6 hours with dh we'd do something active... go sailing, rock climbing, hiking etc. It kind of re-energizes us to do stuff like that together. I guess that is hard in the AZ summer! Usually we have less time and just go out to dinner. We only do movies together when we're at home after the kids go to bed.

Hope you had a nice date night :)
Cathie

DD Oct 99, DS1 Nov 02, and DS2 Apr 08!
cathie

Return to Alice's Restaurant