Tell me something I don't know about you!

Tell me something I don't know about you!

Postby Esmeralda » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:15 am

We all know each other pretty darn well and it always amazes me how much we know and remember about our PnM friends. So, dig deep and tell me something that might be a little off the wall about yourself.

I'll start (obviously).

I could eat an entire Big Mac when I was 4 years old!
Mom to a 17 year old and 15 year old!
Esmeralda

Re: Tell me something I don't know about you!

Postby Esther » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:22 am

I can touch my tongue to my nose.

Mom extraordinaire to 3 boys... Ryan (20), Danny (17) and Matt (22)
Esther

Postby Auburn twins plus two » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 am

I collect Barbies. My mom would always buy the Chirstmas Barbie every year, but I didn't continue that tradition after she passed away.I now only collect very special (to me anyway) editions...not any of the dime a dozen dolls. My latest Barbie? Alice from the Twilight series. :P It took me over a year to find her.
~~ Angie~~Mom to Alex,Cameron, Hayley,& Cooper
Auburn twins plus two

Location: Celebrating the little things that make life so big

Postby Sue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:21 am

(I may have told this story, not sure.)

My twin sisters were unintentionally born at home on my 4th birthday.
Mom to DS24, DS22, DD20, DS19
Sue

Postby Lesley » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 am

You gotta get a new one, Sue - that's old news!! (pun intended)

I have 6 lumbar vertebrae. You'd think I'd be taller!
Lesley

Postby Louveda M. Morris » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 am

I have to think about this. I can't really think of anything off the top of my head.
Louveda M. Morris
Mom to Dallas (14) & Allen (22) & now MIL to Hailey (20)
Louveda M. Morris

Postby Sue » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 am

Lesley wrote:You gotta get a new one, Sue - that's old news!! (pun intended)!

OK, OK .... let's see ... when I was 10 I was knocked unconscious at one of my dad's softball games by an errant ball thrown in from left field. Never saw it coming. (nor was I taken to a doctor! If that happened today I'm sure there would be MRIs and CAT scans galore.)
Mom to DS24, DS22, DD20, DS19
Sue

Postby wanda » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 am

I have an extra bone in my foot, as did the girls in my mom's family. It creates a bump midway on the outside edge of my long, skinny foot.
9-2013 Wanda at the Grand Canyon
wanda

Postby RhondaS » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 am

I was the first person in my family to graduate from college (cousins included).
Rhonda, mom of Ryan 21, Ben 16, Sami 14
RhondaS

Postby Stephanie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:10 am

At age ten, I had the largest appendix the surgeon had ever seen. Apparently it was nearly ready to rupture.
Stephanie, mom to Anna, Abby & Garrett
Stephanie

Postby Tammy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:21 am

When I was a little girl, I used to see the nicest older man at the post office when I went there with my mother. He would always smile and say hello when he held the door for us. What I didn't know at the time was that the man was Paul Newman. He had a summer home on Prout's Neck in Scarborough, Maine. My mom, of course, knew who he was, but she never made a big deal out of it to him or anyone else. I realized who he was when I was a young teen and went to see The Color of Money at the movies.
Tammy, mom to Alec

Tammy

Postby AmyinPA » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 pm

When I was a baby, in a high chair, I once ate a june bug. I guess it either flew on the tray and I picked it up or it flew right in my mouth. BLECH! To this day, those bugs give me the creepy crawlies .....
-Amy, proud momma to DS (21) and DD (17)
AmyinPA

Postby Linda » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:30 pm

hmm...we lived in Germany (Dad was in the British Army) when I was small and I went to a German preschool when I was 4 - apparently I spoke at least some German after that year but by the time I studied German in high school, I no longer remembered it even though my parents spoke some German at home (it was the language they used when they didn't want us understanding). Dh and I do the same thing with our children as we both have some German and it's so funny to watch Simon IM-ing me in German because he's only ever heard it spoken so he types it phonetically so Kommst du hier bitte becomes Come Stew here bitter and so on
Linda, mum to Simon 23, Cathleen 14, Annabelle 8 and our little saints, John-Paul and Benedict

Image Image
Linda

Postby Tara » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 pm

There are probably many things, but here are a few:

I have the worlds worst singing voice and in middle school was allowed to be in choir as long as I "mouthed" the words.

My sister Jennifer Feagles is on this site and joined many years ago after I told her about it

I have never been to the UK (despite emails which say otherwise)

I have my PhD in molecular biology and after years of working in biotechnology I work for the government (NCI)

I commute over 2 hours a day and hate every minute of it!
Tara

Postby sarah » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 pm

The farthest east I have been is Phoenix, farthest north is a mile into WA and farthest south is Guadalupe, Baja Mexico. I have been to Hawaii though! All of those border CA (except WA, which was a missed exit)!! Pretty sad, eh?

I'm my own cousin (which I think is what I usually use in these!).

Edited to add:

Along the lines of Linda's... Till I was three I lived in a predominately Spanish speaking neighborhood. Most of our neighbors were Mexican immigrants. When I was learning to speak I spoke Spanglish. My mom said I would come home and tell her something and she'd call the neighbor and say, "it sounds like _____". I don't speak Spanish now and when I took Spanish in high school (thinking it'd be an easy "A" since it had to be buried SOMEWHERE in my brain, right?) I didn't do so well. I am a chameleon when it comes to accents, though. If I'm speaking to someone with an accent I tend to adopt it and it is a bit embarrassing! I'm afraid people think I'm picking on them. In all honesty, it's not intentional. After we moved to Northern CA when I was 3 we lived with my French Grandmere and were surrounded by extended family who spoke Yiddish, French and Russian. I think it's why I pick up accents so quickly, I wish the same was true with the actual language :roll:
Sarah, mom to 4 bookworm girls! J-16, L-15, K-12, I-10

sarah

Postby Christina » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 am

When I was a child, between the ages of about eight and 10, my best friend was the niece of Scotty Bowman, the NHL hockey coach. Her father and Scotty were brothers.
Christina

Postby Christina » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:31 am

Oh, and my mother went to school with Margaret Atwood.
Christina

Postby Tina » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:43 am

I spent six weeks in Italy back in the late 70's.
Lucky Mom to Brett [12/6/93] and Sean [11/1/99]

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; It's whether we provide enough for those who have too little." FDR
Tina

Postby Maelyn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:41 pm

hmm this is tough since I'm a pretty open book with ya'll

When I was in Jr High my two career dreams were writing music for Olympic gymnasts and being a rocket scientist - didn't do the first but did end up following the second.

I CRAVE chocolate baked goods (brownies, cake, or cake donuts) just before AF hits - it's my only real signal.
"Normal" is only a setting on a Washing Machine!
Maelyn

Postby Patti » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:32 pm

When I was about 8 - My sister & I were running outside in the dark.....and I ran into the swingset - splitting my chin open. Same swingset got me not long after as I did a flip on the bar & cracked my elbow resulting in a fracture.

When he lived at "home" my dad was a raging "alcholic". The day my mother threw him out he stopped drinking and never drank again.
Patti

Location: down here on planet earth, where you break your back to save your shirt

Next

Return to Alice's Restaurant